Sometimes when I'm feeling a little uninspired and unmotivated, my cache of on-demand inspiration is just what I need to turn things around. Below are a few of my favorite resources for feeling good, happy and motivated when I need it most. Enjoy!
- Watch this laugh-out-loud funny animal video (no, really. I laughed out loud.)
- Notes from the Universe Emails - Fun, upbeat inspiration delivered right to your inbox, Monday through Friday.
- Sometimes I just go for a walk or a bike ride to clear my head and collect my thoughts. I always return feeling inspired.
- Great collection of inspirational words on images.
- Love this quick TED Talk about "How to Start a Movement" :
- Pam Grout is a fantastic, inspirational writer. Love this recent blog post as a reminder of our power as creators. From the post: "Like all things vital to your well-being—air and sunshine, to name a couple you already take for granted—the energy to create worlds is your birthright."
- A fun, uplifting song by Atmosphere to help remind us all to see the joy in the little things.
- My awesome, wacky friends and teammates. Spending time with people I love ALWAYS fills my soul. These peeps are just a few of the folks I refer to as my ohana.
- For my readers with iPhones, this Good Thoughts app is wonderful! Choose from dozens of pre-installed "good thoughts", or create your own, and the app will ping you with one (or as is the case with me, MANY) of them, magically at the perfect moment throughout the day.
- When I'm feeling the need to completely unplug and find a little laughter, Zooey Deschanel's hilarious show, New Girl, is my new favorite remedy. Find season one on Netflix, watch it and you'll laugh. Hard. Promise.
- My dogface, Maynard is such a joy. He cuddles and snuggles and is easily the smartest pup I've ever come across. He brightens all of my days!
- Wendy Wolff is an incomparable thought leader and a fantastic writer. Her latest article is a terrific reminder to keep your eyes open to life's possibilities. Instant inspiration found within. You won't be disappointed.
- The man below is the love of my life. My support, my conscience, my best friend. From impromptu dance parties in the kitchen to corny jokes at the exact right moment, my Love knows just what to do and say to keep me moving forward.
What's in your inspiration and motivation bag of tricks?
My other readers, and I especially, would love to benefit from your inspired wisdom, so share your favorite ways to get happy and get moving in the comments section below. And if you find value in what you're reading on AmyBirks.com, please don't hesitate to share the site with others!
With love and inspiration (and a pain in my side from laughing at a chihuahua doing a walking handstand while peeing),